Thursday 27 June 2013

Soul Affirmations

   Soul Affirmations


There is a place, deep down in our heart, where we secretly keep all those things that touch us deep, really deep. These little secrets have a habit of popping up from that secret reservoir within our heart, consciously or subconsciously. These are our precious memories that have the power to influence our thoughts…. feelings…..and….. finally our actions. Today I want to share something from the depths of my heart. It’s a short story. It is a powerful story. So powerful, that it has stayed with me, all these years. When you read it you will understand why it is so special to me and why do I narrate it whenever I feel the need to inspire someone. I can promise you something, when you read the complete story….. You might do the same.

The story

       Anna stood up as soon as the surgeon came out of the operating room. Her eyes asked many questions but all she could say in a choked voice was: “How is my little son? When can I see him?”         
  “I am sorry, we did all we could but the little chap did not make it.”Replied the surgeon.                             
  “Why do little children get cancer?” cried Anna. “Don’t you care about us God? Where were you when we needed you the most?”
“You can spend some time with your son. The nurses will be out in a moment. Later he will be transported to medical college.” Said the surgeon, gently.
      
  Anna requested one nurse to stay with her while she said final goodbye to her son, Sam. Lovingly she ran her fingers through his thick curly hair. Gently she caressed his face. “It was Sam’s idea to donate his body for the students of medicine. Initially I was offended by the idea. But he insisted. “said Anna. Sam had said, “I won’t be using it after I die. May be it will help some other boy to live some more days.”            
 “My son, Sam had a heart of gold.” said a proud mother. Then it was time to leave.
    
  She proudly walked out of the hospital, with her head held high. It was the place where she had fought some toughest battles of her life in the past six months. She put Sam’s belonging on the seat beside her. Driving home was difficult. It was even harder to enter the empty house. She carried the plastic bag with Sam’s belongings into his room. She placed his model cars, colors …. And other personal stuff exactly the way he liked to keep. Then she lay down on his bed, hugged his pillow and cried herself to sleep.
Anna woke up from sleep around midnight. Beside her on the bed was a neatly folded letter. It said,

“Dear Mom,

I know you’re going to miss me; but don’t think that I will ever forget you, or stop loving you, just ’cause I’m not around to say I LOVE YOU. I will always love you, Mom, even more with each day. Someday we will see each other again. Until then, if you want to adopt a little boy so you won’t be so lonely, that’s okay with me. He can have my room and old stuff to play with. But, if you decide to get a girl instead, she probably wouldn’t like the same things we boys do. You’ll have to buy her dolls and stuff girls like, you know.
   
 Don’t be sad thinking about me. This really is a neat place. Grandma and Grandpa met me as soon as I got here and showed me around, but it will take a long time to see everything. The angels are so cool. I love to watch them fly. And, you know what? Jesus doesn’t look like any of his pictures. Yet, when I saw Him, I knew it was Him. Jesus himself took me to see GOD! And guess what, Mom? I got to sit on God’s knee and talk to Him, like I was somebody important. That’s when I told Him that I wanted to write you a letter, to tell you good-bye and everything. But I already knew that wasn’t allowed. Well, you know what Mom? God handed me some paper and His own personal pen to write you this letter. I think Gabriel is the name of the angel who is going to drop this letter off to you. God said for me to give you the answer to one of the questions you asked Him ‘Where was He when I needed him?’ “God said He was in the same place with me, as when His son Jesus was on the cross. He was right there, as He always is with all His children.
   
  Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I don’t hurt anymore. The cancer is all gone. I’m glad because I couldn’t stand that pain anymore and God couldn’t stand to see me hurt so much, either. That’s when He sent The Angel of Mercy to come get me. The Angel said I was a Special Delivery! How about that?

Signed with Love from: God, Jesus & Me.”

It was the most beautiful dream of Anna’s Life and she knew it will stay with her; always.
     
    God has a reason for allowing things to happen….. We may never understand His wisdom but we simply have to trust His will. He has a plan for each one of us. Being our Father, he will always do his best for us. Everybody has tough times in life and we often question “Why Us”. We are just a part of the bigger picture, not the whole picture. The essence to a satisfied life lies in accepting this fact. Take one step at a time, live each moment when it comes; stop blaming others or your own self for your problems. Inner peace begins when you choose not to allow an event or some person to control your emotions. One cannot give up on life. One has to gather strength, find ways and move on. Falling down is a part of life. To get up and start walking again is living life.

 Get up and keep walking on the road called ……Life.

                                    Keep walking, Be Strong, Be Positive J

© 2013 Dr.Moninder Kaur




No comments:

Post a Comment