Ten Ways of Joyous Parenting
When an infant is born, young exhausted mothers often get to listen, ‘Be patient, once the little one starts sleeping through the night, you will be less exhausted.’ It’s a myth. As the child grows, responsibilities grow and we as parents need to grow along with our children. Parenting is an art. Each childhood stage requires the parent to evolve. Our desire, to raise healthy, loving children with positive values and ability to handle the demands of life positively, keeps us going. Parenting is a life long Journey. We might get tired, bored, exhausted….on the way, but we also cherish the joys, bonds, laughs, successes….. we experience. Here are ten ways of Joyous Parenting.
- Be a participant not an onlooker. Join children in their world. Talk with them. Listen to them.
- Encourage them. Build their confidence.
- Join the giggles. Why should you miss out ;)?
- Reverse roles, sometimes let them lead.
- Hug them, tumble them, play with them…. A pillow fight is such fun!
- Empower them. Let them try new things.
- Connect with them. Encourage emotional expression.
- Prefer family meetings or a cuddle to time out
- Cultivate activities that you enjoy doing together
- Have your own ‘My Time’ to recharge your own self and…. Join the fun
Being a parent is special. Tiring, yes it is. But at the end of the day, when we sit back and think, our life would not have been the same without our children. Their loving smile and a trusting hug is enough to give us the energy to face anything in this world.
Need to talk about Parenting?
Leave a comment or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Dr.Moninder Kaur